Skip to content

Document Header

Content Header


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How can I join the Ramblers? Click on the following link to transfer to The Ramblers’ Association web-site’s membership information

Can non-members attend walks? Non members, whether experienced walkers or not, are welcome to join us on our walks. We do not charge but if they wish to continue to walk with us they will be expected to join The Ramblers’ Association (“RA”) after 2 or 3 walks. RA members are entitled, through their membership, to join walks organised by any RA group in the UK.

Can I join or leave a walk other than at the start or finish? Yes but the leader must be notified (for details of walks leaders see Walks Programme )

Fox, Abbots Ripton
Fox, Abbots Ripton

Are dogs allowed on walks? Dogs are allowed at the discretion of the leader. Please check beforehand if you wish to bring your dog. Remember that dogs, however well trained, must  be on a lead where animals are grazing and in Nature Reserves.

To which maps do the six-figure references for the start of walks refer? The Grid references given work for any Ordnance Survey map at all scales. The Map numbers given refer to OS 1 :25000 Explorer Series maps.

Reporting problems with a right of way in Cambridgeshire. If you encounter a problem on a public right of way (ie a footpath, bridleway or byway) in Cambridgeshire, use the link below to report the problem to Cambridgeshire County Council Highways who are responsible for public rights of way. So that Cambridge Group is made aware of the problem you have encountered, please copy the form to us at

and select “Public Rights of Way” as type of problem.
General advice on Reporting problems with a right of way, including in neighbouring Counties. Click this link to the Cambridge Rambling Club website.

Comment Header